Give A Goat’s mission is to supply dairy goats, supplies, housing, education and support to Christian based organizations located in Uganda, Africa. The organization types include, but are not limited to, malnutrition clinics, rural hospitals, orphanages, and medical outreach homes. We will accomplish this mission through educating & training the qualifying recipients of the goats. The countries that can afford to support the mission financially through fundraising. A breakdown of Give A Goats strategic plan are as follows:
- We want to provide technical assistance to Ugandan goat recipients – Give A Goat’s goal include having staff members on the ground educating those who receive a goat how to maintain health and focus on the goal of each goat whether it be for breeding & milking and on occasion meat.
- Adopt-A-Kid is a program within our mission that focuses on the baby goats that have been born. Our goal is to have each “kid” adopted and supported financially through our supporters.
- Milking goats are underutilized in Uganda and our goal will be to breed, raise and milk goats then deliver and serve qualifying orphanages with a supply of healthy goat milk.
- Give A Goats project gives an opportunity to teach nutrition, business, agriculture, general responsibility to the recipients of each goat. We will be focusing on the recipient by way of classes and farm visits; in order to show the Goat manager the responsibility of maintaining a goat.
- Food and Shelter are vital to the health of each goat that is given. Our team of contractors in Uganda is ready to determine the best location, size and fencing for each property. In addition, food will be provided, on occasion and when available to each organization receiving animals.